Your menstrual time is supposed to be a sacred moment of the month, but for so many women, that time comes with pain. This is especially true for women who live with endometriosis. Today’s guest comes to bring hope to women who may be struggling with endometriosis.
Today’s interview is with- Chasca Summerville, an Ayurvedic Diet & Lifestyle Consultant and author of a truly beautiful book called Ayurvedic Rituals: Wisdom, Recipes and the Ancient Art of Self-Care.
Chasca is as approachable as she is knowledgeable and has an incredible personal story of womb healing. For decades Chasca suffered from the immense pain and disruption caused by symptoms of endometriosis. Even after years of exploration and devotion to Ayurvedic principles and lifestyle, which had reconnected Chasca to her soul’s purpose and much healing, Chasca’s menstrual cycle remained a source of conflict and struggle.
In this episode, she shares how the practice of yoni steaming was THE game-changing addition to her health and healing routine. For all of you on your endo warrior journies, this episode is absolutely for you and my wish is that it leaves you inspired and with hope.
And for all of us, regardless of any particular diagnosis, this is a rich and juicy and deeply real conversation about how once unimaginable womb health is truly accessible to us all.
In This Episode
- 2:53 - How yoni steaming helped Chasca cure her endometriosis
- 16:48 - Auryveda as an ally in endometriosis pain
- 33:19 - Being aware of your options for endometriosis treatment
- 43:18 - Steaming as an invitation to open up a dialogue with the womb and maternal ancestry
- 1:20:07 - Seasonal cleansing and cleansing during the menstrual period