There are two standard lengths for vaginal steaming:
A Mild 10 minute vaginal steam & the Advanced 30 minute vaginal steam.
Learn which length of vaginal steam is best suited for you and your body.
The Mild 10 Minute Vaginal Steam is for you, if you experience any of the following sensitivities:
- This is your first time steaming.
- You are prone to shorter cycles, 27 days or less.
- You are prone to infections (bacteria, yeast, herpes).
- You have indications of excess heat in the body (vaginal dryness, night sweats, hot flashes, etc)
- You are under the age of 13
- You are prone to fresh red spotting/ trickle bleeding. Remember, never steam while currently bleeding fresh red blood.
- You have a herstory of spontaneous bleeding or 2 periods per month.
If you have any of the above sensitivities, it is only safe to choose a Mild 10 minute steam set-up.
Please choose the Advanced 30 Minute Vaginal Steam only after determining that you do NOT have any of the sensitivities listed above that indicate you are only suited for a Mild 10 Minute Vaginal Steam.
A note to those prone to shorter cycles: If you are prone to shorter cycles, 27 days and less, but through steaming you achieve a consistent 28 day cycle, stick with the Mild vaginal steam. One who is prone to shorter cycles does not "advance" to the longer steams.
Steaming for longer than 30min per session is never recommended.
Get the Most from Your Vaginal Steam Practice
Working with a Certified Vaginal Steam Practitioner is the best way to set yourself up for a success.
Receive the benefits your desire and book your Kitara consultation with our founder today.
Disclaimer: The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, dietary supplement, exercise, or other health program.